In this episode, we chat with one of my good friends, Elijah Whaley. Elijah is a content producer, marketer, and passionate advocate for influencer marketing innovation in China. He is the Chief Marketing Officer of the influencer marketing platform PARKLU and the cofounder of one of China’s top beauty influencer brands Melilim Fu.
Elijah is a wealth of information and a lot of that is gained from years of experience. He and his girlfriend Maggie built one of China’s top ranked beauty influencer brands in less than two years, and that was while he was working a full-time job. Elijah is one of the hardest working people I know and in this episode, he really opens up about some of the highs and lows that they experienced while building the brand.
In this episode, we also talk a lot about best practices for brands wanting to work with influencers and Elijah shares from an influencer’s perspective what the perfect client is like and what information should be included in a campaign brief in order to get the best results from an influencer. (For anyone listening that works for a brand, its ok if you don’t listen to the rest of the episode, but make sure you check out that part!)
At the end of the episode we get Elijah’s take on the cosmetics industry and why men’s skincare is a really hot industry.
Guest: Elijah Whaley
Personal Website: elijahwhaley.com
PARKLU Blog: www.parklu.com/blog
Host: Lauren Hallanan
Mentioned in the Episode:
- Melilim Fu is a top 50 ranked cosmetics and fashion influencer brand founded and run by Elijah and his girlfriend Maggie. The face of the brand, Maggie was formerly an in-demand makeup artist for companies such as GQ, Marie Claire, Vogue, and Bazaar
- Website: http://www.melilimfu.com/
- Weibo: @傅沛MelilimFu
- Tudou: @傅沛MelilimFu
- Meipai: @傅沛MelilimFu
China’s Booming Cosmetics and Skincare Industry:
- China’s beauty trends: KOLs, organics, more make-up, and men
- Young Men Drive the Skincare Market in China
- Hong Kong Female Consumers Spend Over HK$4,000 on Skincare and Cosmetic Products
- Beauty in the Eye of the Chinese Consumer
Thanks to our sponsor PARKLU: www.parklu.com