This week I dive into a recent article that I wrote for Jing Daily to discuss how video sharing and live streaming app Meipai has been gradually losing content creators and users to the short video app Douyin. Over the past week, this migration to Douyin rocketed when Meipai abruptly shut their platform down for what they are labeling a system upgrade.
Meipai has now re-opened and in this episode, I talk about:
- How has Meipai changed?
- How other apps are trying to keep their users from migrating to Douyin
- How Douyin is expanding content types and features
- Some of Douyin’s drawbacks
Host: Lauren Hallanan
Mentioned in the Episode:
- Meipai Shut Down Drives Influencers to Douyin in Droves
- Is Douyin the Right Social Video Platform for Luxury Brands?
- CIM Episode 018: Douyin 101: Everything Brands Need to Know About China’s Hottest New Social Media Platform with Fabian Bern of Uplab Asia
- CIM Podcast Episode 001: How Brands Should Treat KOLs, Live Streaming Ecommerce, and China’s F&B Industry with Antoine Bunel
- China’s “Water Army” Far Outnumbers US-Manufactured Followers
Thanks to our sponsor PARKLU: www.parklu.com
For additional information and show notes head over to www.chinainfluencermarketing.com
If you like this podcast and know someone who might find it interesting, please share!