Though its growth has cooled down a bit, short video app Douyin is still one of the most popular social media platforms in China. Today I have on another Douyin content creator Brian O’Shea, who you might know by his account name Tastebuds or his nickname Dumpling Brother. Brian is one of those crazy Douyin success stories, garnering 5 million followers in a little over 6 months. His success is a true testament to the power of niching down. Besides hearing his amazing story, we also talk about:
- The problem with being pigeonholed into one type of content
- Has Douyin plateaued?
- Why Douyin Challenges have backfired and caused viewers to become bored
- Why Douyin influencers feel pressured to join multi-channel networks (MCNs)
- The mysterious Douyin homepage algorithm and getting your content seen
- Douyin’s strict content moderation
- Creating sponsored posts for brands
Guest: Brian O’Shea
Host: Lauren Hallanan
WeChat ID: h1212118514
Mentioned in the Episode:
For additional information and show notes head over to www.chinainfluencermarketing.com
If you like this podcast, please take a moment to rate and review us on iTunes!