There’s a lot of hype about 11.11 in Western media, but does everyone really love the holiday as much as the reports would have you think? Today we chat with a Chinese millennial Kejie who shares how her feelings on 11.11 have changed over the years, the Alibaba shopping game that her friends keep trying to get her to play, and what she and her friends are buying this year.
To learn more about influencer marketing in China, sign up for our newsletter: The China Influencer Update!
- What is your impression of 11.11 and how has that changed over time?
- Kejie has become less interested in 11.11 every year
- Have you ever bought anything during 11.11?
- The first few years
- How do you feel about 11.11 this year? What about your friends, how do they feel? Are they talking about it?
- Many of her friends are still quite interested
- One friend always stocks up on a certain product during sales and doesn’t buy it at full price
- Have you seen anything different going on this year as far as promotions? Content? Brands involved? KOLs? etc.
- She sees all her friends playing a game on Taobao where they can earn money and discounts for 11.11
- Taobao game with virtual characters
- Qutoutiao: https://ir.qutoutiao.net/investor-relations
- Example of an influencer 11.11 shopping list : 买买买专场｜超全折扣清单，照着买就好！
- The year’s 11.11 Pre-Sale broke records, international brands did really well：雅诗兰黛25分钟销售额近5亿，双十一预售成了欧美日品牌天下
Join me in NYC on November 12th! Register for the event here: https://landing.chatly.com/lp/event/nyc-event-winning-wechat-strategies-to-capture-global-chinese-consumer
Host: Lauren Hallanan
Check out my book: Digital China: Working with Bloggers, Influencers and KOLs
For additional information and show notes head over to www.chinainfluencermarketing.com
If you like this podcast and know someone who might find it interesting, please share!