Digital agency WeAreSocial gave some predictions for this year's digital marketing in China on their Wechat account, here are the main takeaways. For in depth commentary, see the original post here!
1) WeChat gains another 100 million users worldwide, breaking the 750 million mark
2) Sina Weibo gains 80 million users worldwide, breaking the 300 million mark
3) China internet penetration reaches 61%, or roughly 800 million people
4) China mobile internet penetration reaches 53%, or roughly 700 million people
5) Online video consumers will grow to be more than 550 million people, up from 461million at the end of 2015
6)Singles Day 2016 will see a curbing in growth to 40% YoY for TMall (andTaobao), reaching 128 billion RMB in total transaction value