In this episode I had Michael Norris back on the podcast to discuss his latest report on China’s short video industry titled “China’s Short Video Landscape: What You Need To Know Before 2019”. For those unfamiliar with Michael, he is a Consumer Research Manager at Resonance China.
In this episode we go over the report and dig into a bit more of the details. Some of the questions I ask Michael include:
- What is the future of Weishi?
- Will Douyin fizzle out next year?
- What are some major myths that keep circulating about Douyin?
- Which industries are best suited for short video?
- What does it take to have a viral video?
- Is it worth it to open an official brand account on a short video platform or is it better to spend that budget to collaborate with influencers?
- What are the key times to publish content on these newer short video platforms? (hint: with their algorithms the answer might not be what you think)
Guest: Michael Norris
Host: Lauren Hallanan
WeChat ID: h1212118514
Mentioned in the Episode:
Report Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ggng9hyxl1ss4h/Short_Video_What_You_Need_To_Know_Report_FINAL%20COPY%20FOR%20RELEASE.pdf?dl=0
Report Baidu link:
Michael Norris’ previous episodes:
Thanks to our sponsors PARKLU: www.parklu.com and The Meet Group www.themeetgroup.com/blog
For additional information and show notes head over to www.chinainfluencermarketing.com
If you like this podcast and know someone who might find it interesting, please share!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download